Thursday, May 29, 2008

Weekend to Remember, Thanks MOM



My mother gave us the greatest present, well she says it was for Lewis birthday but man I/we enjoyed it so much. She let us go away for the weekend, the holiday weekend so she has the boys for 3 days. My boys are at an age that they are not easy. They are active and all over the place. They wear me out. So this was the greatest gift we could have been given.


We went to Brazos Bend State Park. We were so impressed with this park. We got there late, around 9:30 Friday night and they were still open, this is a first, usually all state parks are closed my 5:00, I have even seen them lock the doors while people are walking up. But they were open and very friendly. We got sight 128, Actually this is the sight Lewis picked out of three sights and of course I picked a different one. When we got to the sights I called right away and changed to sight 128. Its was a great sight, completely covered in trees. There were several places to put a large tent like ours. We put it of and plugged in the super fan and AC unit. HEE HEE yes I said AC unit, it was great in the 90 degree heat and froze us out at night time, which made for good sleeping.

We got up the next day to a quite sun rise, what am I kidding, sun rise more like 9 because I had to go to the bathroom, hee hee. We loved just not having to plan everything around meals and sleep times. We got up and ate lunch and finished setting up everything. We then decided to go to the movies, yes movies while we are camping. The air was so thick and sticky and it was going to get up to 95 that day. So to the movies we went. We found this great ice cream shop on the way and stopped and has a great cone, turns out they are #1 in Houston, we ended up eating there every day. We watched two movies Indiana Jones and What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. His pick and my pick, I went out to the truck and got our DP's and snacks out of the car and put them in the back pack to where we did not have to buy anything else. We did get a thing of recess. We just enjoyed out time together. It took us a while to relax and let go. But when we did it was great. There was no bickering or frustration and no bad luck.

After the movies, we went back to the camp sight it was about 9:45 and we decided to eat dinner and go for a walk. We had only a flash light that was going dead, but the path that we wanted to walk on was lit. When we got to the water part of the path the frogs the sound of the frogs was over whelming. The lightning bugs, looked like stars in the trees. It was so great. WE were all alone. Then all the pathway lights changed to red, I said HHHHHHHHMMMMMMM wonder why. We keep walking and found the observatory. They were so nice they let us look through these huge telescopes. We saw Saturn twice and a globular cluster of stars. I had ever seen so many stars. It was so cool. We ended up going to bed around 1 I think or two.

We got up the next morning and it was a wonderful morning. We took showers and ate lunch then went for a hike. I dont really know how many miles we hiked that day but it was the greatest. We talked about so much, it was nice to reconnect with Lewis.

On our Hikes, we saw 9 alligators and a Coral snake, yes Lewis tried to touch it and did and I freaked out. I did not want a hospital visit. We moved on quickly.

One part it sounded like a zoo with so many different wild life sounds it was just great.

We are forever grateful for this time we got together. Thank you mom, for the perfect present.

No comments: